HERE’S YOUR ROADMAP FOR OUR ADMISSIONS PROCESS. JUMP IN AND GET STARTED!
- Request Information online
- Schedule a Campus Tour. For more info, click HERE.
- Complete the Admission Application and return it to MSD. Download the Application HERE. Down the Middle School Supplementary Application HERE. We are now accepting applications for the 2015-2016 school year. The first round of applications deadline is January 15, 2015. We do offer rolling admissions if space is available. Applications will continue to be accepted.
- Request Student Records and Transcripts. If your child is currently attending another school, please request that his or her transcripts and a teacher recommendation be sent from your child’s current school to MSD. (Applicants to our Kindergarten through Middle School are required to have this information in to MSD in order for the application to be complete.)
If you are applying for Kindergarten through grade five, please submit the Confidential Teacher Recommendation and School Records Release Form to your child's current school.
If you are applying for grades six through eight, confidential recommendation forms must be submitted by the student’s current English and Math instructors, an additional teacher, and by an advisor or principal. A Transcript Release Form is also required. Download each form here:
English Teacher Rec Form
Math Teacher Rec Form
Additional Teacher Rec Form
Principal Rec Form
Transcript Release Form
- Student Visit. Once your application is complete, a member of the admission team will be in touch to schedule a student visit (ages three and over). Child applicants to the Primary, Kindergarten, Elementary, and Middle School programs are required to visit the classroom. These visits vary in length according to the program to which your child is applying. Once your application is complete, a member of the admission team will be in touch to schedule a student visit (ages three and over). Middle School applicants must present their portfolio during the student visit. Primary student visits will be held on Thursday, February 12, 2015 for applicants to the 2015-2016 school year.
- Parent Interview. Once your application is complete, a member of the admission team will be in touch to schedule a parent interview. When you enroll your child at MSD, your family joins an amazing community of parents committed to a successful partnership between school and home. We value that relationship and therefore recognize the importance of getting to know you as well as your child during the admissions process. To that end, we require that parents attend a 30-minute meeting with a member of the admissions staff so that we can learn more about you. During this meeting we are also available to answer questions regarding our educational philosophy, program hallmarks and logistics, or any other questions you may have about your child’s application to MSD.
- Notification Dates.
Middle School Notification (Grades 6-8) Thursday, February 26, 2015
Lower School Notification (Toddler-Grade 5) Wednesday, March 4, 2015