We’re so excited about our upcoming, unforgettable Fun Run on Friday, September 13! The Fun Run is more than just a fundraiser. This event gives everyone in our community a chance to cheer
We’re so excited about our upcoming, unforgettable Fun Run on Friday, September 13! The Fun Run is more than just a fundraiser. This event gives everyone in our community a chance to cheer on our students as they have fun running, being fit, and showing their MSD pride. Because we are trying to raise $25,000 for Technology at our school, students will be going on an amazing adventure and for you, as parents, it will now be easier than ever for you to join in on this fun, community-building event and support MSD.
Here are the basics: The Fun Run experience will be a fitness fundraiser that kicks off with a high-energy Pep Rally on Wednesday, September 4, at 8:30am on the Athletic Field. The Pep Rally “Huddles” will be led by our amazing Middle School student leaders. After the Rally, students start to gather pledges from family and friends, near and far. And then on, Friday, September 13 the students run in the Fun Run and earn their pledges. So, instead of selling something, your child will gather pledges from friends and family for each lap that your child runs at the Fun Run. Plus, it’s 100% inclusive and no child is left out. And remember, these funds go right back to helping MSD be the best it can be by supporting Technology in the classroom.
There are three ways that you can help your child with the Fun Run:
- Register your child on www.funrun.com; school code is: 774-677
- Reach out to family and friends for pledges now through September 13 (share the page you’ve created for your child – social media is a great resource!)
- Help your student collect pledges after the Fun Run (after Sept 13)
Pledge Books will be sent home with every student on September 4. All you have to do now is save the date of September 13 for MSD’s Fun Run (you’ll want to be there to cheer on your student).
Here is the schedule for the Fun Run by program level:
- Toddler Run – 8:20am to 8:40am
*Parent Buddy Walk/Run in the Toddler Village
- Primary/Kindergarten Run – 10:00am to 11:00am
*Middle School Buddy Race
- Lower EL Run – 11:00am to 12:00pm
- Upper EL Run – 1:00pm to 2:00pm
- Middle School Run – 2:00pm to 3:00pm
(Wednesday) 8:00 am - 3:00 pm